Did you Know?
- Your Physical Therapist attended university for 4 to 7 years to become a trained professional.
- They are trained to assess, diagnose and treat muscle or joint problems.
- They also assess, treat and assist in management of breathing, heart, nerve and circulation conditions.
"Experienced physical therapists have a higher level of knowledge in managing muscle and bone problems than students, physician interns and residents, and all physician specialists except for orthopaedists.''1
1. Childs, J.D. et al; A description of physical therapists knowledge in managing musculoskeletal conditions . BMC Musculoskelet. Disord. 2005 June 17;6:32.
Did your Physiotherapist...
- Get your consent before your assessment and treatment?
- Explain what they were doing?
- Answer your questions?
- Refer you to another care provider if they could not help you?