Detailed information is available in the SCPT's Restricted License Guidelines.
- Complete the online Application for a Restricted License.
- Complete the Jurisprudence Help Questionnaire under the applicant portal after completing the application
- Submit the SCPT Supervision Agreement Form
- Upload proof of $5,000,000 professional liability insurance form
- Copy of Graduating Degree
- Copy of passing results for the written Physiotherapy Competency Exam (PCE)
- The required fees for 2017:
- $470.00 Initial registration and Membership fees ($235 after October 1, 2017)
- $75.00 non-refundable initial registration fee
- $75.00 license monitoring fee
- Total = $620.00 CD ($385.00 after October 1, 2017)
Restricted PT & Supervisors
If you plan to practice as a physical therapist in the Province of Saskatchewan, you must be licensed by the Saskatchewan College of Physical Therapists (SCPT). If you plan to practice in another province you will have to obtain a license in that jurisdiction. You can contact them directly (there are links to their websites available under the LINKS section of this site). If you encounter problems, please contact SCPT and we can work with you.
Working with a restricted license in Saskatchewan requires supervision. There are a number of documents that must be completed and understood prior to receiving a restricted licence: Regulatory Bylaw 5 and 14.
In order to practice you must sign a Supervision Agreement with your supervisor.
Below is a tool for use during the restricted period: